IT spending in India is projected to total $79.8 billion in 2012, against $73.1 billion in 2011. And this is being attributed to the fast paced growth in India's burgeoning telecommunications space and the growing adoption of devices such as smart-phones and tablet computers, especially in tier-2 and tier-3 cities.A lot of new IT infrastructure is being bought in tier-2 and tier-3 cities both in the enterprise and retail segments.
The telecommunications market is the largest IT segment in India with IT spending forecast to reach $54.7 billion in 2012, followed by the IT services market with spending of $11.1 billion.
The computing hardware market in India is projected to reach $10.7 billion in 2012, while software spending will total $3.2 billion.It may be recalled that the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has pegged India's mobile teledensity at 72.12 per cent or 86.57 crore wireless subscribers as of August.
According to Gartner, worldwide IT spending will reach nearly $3.7 trillion by current year end. Of this, emerging economies such as India, China, Brazil and others will account for $1.013 trillion.
Going forward, Gartner has identified three ‘forces', namely Cloud Computing, Social Media Computing and Information explosion that will change the way businesses will be conducted going forward. “The impact of these forces will make architectures of the last 20 years obsolete. Together, they force the issue – they drive us to create the post-modern business, drive simplicity and force creative destruction.", Says Gartner.
You may also like to read
- Nasscom to incentivize location and Innovation to drive software industry growth in emerging locations
- Nagpur is one of the Top 10 Business Hot Spots of the country : Cushman & Wakefield
- Nagpur - Software business leader: Mr. Arun Saxena, CEO, Easypack Software
- McKinsey cites Nagpur as one of the global cities of the future!
- Persistent-Infospectrum deal. Need more M&As to fuel Growth@Nagpur Software Industry
- TCS and Rajtaru Infotech get one year extension from BoA to start unit in MIHAN-SEZ
- Tax rules to be relaxed for IT sector, move to attract more business from MNCs
- Zeon buy's Grand River; say's will add 700 to Nagpur unit in next 4 years
- Persistent Systems provides social media analytics for Satyamev Jayate
- IT, pharma sectors to drive hiring in 2013, says job portal
- Ajay Sanghi, CEO, Edisphere Software: Build your business 'Virtual'
- Dr. Ramesh Jain: Businesses should be closer to their customer base
- Dinesh Jain - Local businesses should opt for global mentors and advisors
- Infosys signs MoU with MADC, MIHAN, Nagpur; Final agreement pending
- The emerging growth catalyst
- Top 10 Software Companies at Nagpur by total revenue for FY 2009-2010
- KSL may choose residential scheme over IT park due to change in FSI policy
- IT company offers scholarships for students
- Video Interview: Shashank Garg, Co-founder & MD, InfoCepts
- Infosys signs lease deed for 142 acres of land in MIHAN, Nagpur