An IT Seminar was organized as a part of IT Day celebrations at PCD Institute of Computer Studies & Research, VMV College Campus, Wardhaman Nagar, Nagpur on 21st April 2011.The theme of the seminar was Mobile Augmentation: From LBS to Perpetual Learning. Eminent personalities from IT Industries & Academia attended the event. Among present were Mr.Dinesh Jain, Mr. Sanjay Singh, Mr. Vinit Kapoor, Mr. Faiz Wahid, Mr. Rizwan Ahmed, Mr. Onkar Kemkar and Dr. D. A. Deshpande.
Mr. Dinesh Jain, founder of Aagami Inc, Chicago USA, presided over as the President of the function. He, with his vast experience augmented the students on the seminar topic. He also interacted with the students & gave them mantra of Entrepreneurship to the aspiring candidates.
Mr. Vinit Kapoor, from Persistent Systems Ltd was present as Chief Guest & shared his knowledge on the LBS market in India. Mr. Sanjay Singh, Chief Knowledge Resource from SCIPL also interacted with students and gave a brief insight of the subject.
Guest speaker Mr. Faiz Wahid, co-founder of pManifold Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd., interacted with the students & gave a quality presentation on how to empower education with mobility & applications by highlighting trends, outlook, and sharing real life experiences.
Mr. Rizwan Ahmed, AVP of QMCPL gave presentation on Location Based Services & opportunities in this market. He briefly stated the various forms of LBS usages. His interaction was further taken by Mr. Satin Katiyar, founder of Kratin Solutions and he spoke about his innovative shift from LBS to Perpetual learning. He presented an inside view of LBS & Perpetual learning & asked students to innovate rather than isolate.
Mr.Sanjog G., Lead Engineer, from Jaypar, showed the way for development of LBS & mobility solutions. He spoke about programming applications for mobile devices, its structure & opportunity. Mr. Sachin Palewar of Palewar Techno Solutions guided the students on various aspects of the mobile developments.
Dr. D. A. Deshpande, Director, PCD Institute of Computer Studies & Research, VMV College, has been the pioneer of the event and the initiative. In his welcome address at the start of event, he empowered the students and appealed to them that they should take this opportunity to interact with the industry experts to enrich themselves.
All the faculty & non teaching staff worked for the success for the seminar, especially Mr. Onkar Kemkar. Dr. Satish Sharma, Mr. A. Bose, Ms.Vibha Mandalkar were also present on the occasion.
The event was a part of an initiative taken by the dept. to promote technology-enhanced learning awareness & enhance the multidimensional skills of the students. The initiative includes a series of seminars which are organized under the umbrella of the MCA Department.
Such events should be encouraged and applauded to enhance the learning of students who are leaders of tomorrow, and open up new horizons for them. This should help in increasing the number of employable/entrepreneurial fresh talent in the Industry.
Please use the space below to voice out your views, comments and feedback.
You may also like to read
- Infosys negotiating hard with MADC for investment in MIHAN-SEZ
- Are you listening to the call of electronic payments market in India?
- TCS and Rajtaru Infotech get one year extension from BoA to start unit in MIHAN-SEZ
- Rajeev Shete on Shapoorji Pallonji Infocity at MIHAN in Nagpur
- VED to Organize meet with IT start-ups to support Office Space requirements
- Persistent Systems Launches PersisTrends 2013 Technology Trends and Recommendations
- Dinesh Jain - Local businesses should opt for global mentors and advisors
- Union Finance Minister axes multiple tax on software made in India
- Survival Pillar # 4: Build Long Lasting Customer Relationships
- McKinsey cites Nagpur as one of the global cities of the future!
- Finally, TCS lays down foundation stone at MIHAN, Nagpur
- Emergent Nagpur - Whitepaper on Nagpur as an IT / ITES Destination
- VED holds IT Start-up Meet for Incubation Centre
- Ebix @MIHAN - Need more software biggies to set up shop at Nagpur
- Infospectrum - Scottish Factonomy Ltd. Deal - Nagpur brings in more business
- Accenture recruits 200 students in a single day from a college at Nagpur
- Video Interview: Shashank Garg, Co-founder & MD, InfoCepts
- Mentoring session organised by NASSCOM, VED, VASE at Nagpur evokes good response
- IT, pharma sectors to drive hiring in 2013, says job portal
- Free Websites from Google for SMBs: Opportunity for Freelancers and College Students?
|< Prev||Next >|