VED (Vidarbha Economic Development Council) is organising an orientation meet for IT start-ups and small companies on Sunday, May 13th, 2012. The aim of the meeting is to explore office space opportunities at MIHAN for start-ups and small companies.
The recently held IT/ITES Conference, “Nagpur Calling” on 24th Feb 2012, organised by VED-NASSCOM-MADC-VASE, was an eye-opener in many senses. Apart from knowledge gained from the conference, VED’s initiative in organising a trip for the delegates to MIHAN & SEZ showcasing the place first-hand to them was a major thought-provoking exercise for them.
One of the major eye-openers for VED was that there are several start-up companies in the IT sector in Nagpur who require support and,
- Presently operating with whatever facilities are available to them and which are not very conducive to their future or the expansion of their activities, in order to prosper.
- Don’t have adequate facilities today which are not good enough to impress clientele.
Having understood this lacuna, VED, in a series of talks with Shapoorji-Pallonji, convinced them of the need for an incubation centre for such start-up IT companies which and Shapoorji Pallonji (who have a Big IT Park at Nagpur) has agreed and consented to contribute to this important social cause by making available an incubation centre for such start-ups and small companies at a very reasonable cost. GrowIT.in has been co-ordinating this interaction and will be covering news and updates on it.
On the other hand, such start-up IT groups were also brought together in a preliminary and convinced of this need for their own benefit. An orientation meeting has been arranged on 13th May 2012 to form a group of such companies and all IT Start-ups and small companies are invited to attend.
- Date: Sunday, 13th May,2012.
- Time: 11 am to 1 pm.
- Venue: IT Mystix, 83, Persistence Tower, Hill Top, Opp. Water Tank, Ramnagar, Nagpur.
VED is using mediums like Newspapers, Social media channels, mailings lists and all possible online and offline mediums to spread the message and encourage maximum participation.
- Mr. Rajesh Yadav of RY Logistics will share information of the advantages of being in an SEZ. He would inform about the legal provisions of the SEZ and the advantages of setting up shop within it.
- Kunal Sabharwal, Manager, Sales & Marketting (Sales & Comercial), of Shapoorji-Pallonji Real Estate, will talk about the facilities they would be offering at the incubation centre.
- Sameer Bendre, Persistent Technologies will inform about the advantages of being together in the IT Park where one shares the work environment and culture, common facilities and canteens etc. and there are professional exchanges too.
VED appeals to IT startups to join at the meeting. This is free of charge. There will also be a MIHAN & Shapoorji-Pallonji premises visit after the meeting.
For pre–registration please contact Sandip - Mob: 9371584171, Godwin – Mob: 7875016957 or Manish – Mob: 9421816066
You may also like to read
- Nasscom to incentivize location and Innovation to drive software industry growth in emerging locations
- Tax rules to be relaxed for IT sector, move to attract more business from MNCs
- VED holds IT Start-up Meet for Incubation Centre
- Ebix @MIHAN - Need more software biggies to set up shop at Nagpur
- India is no longer the automatic choice for IT services and back-office work
- D&B's 2010 toppers ITeS-BPO:5 companies with presence in Nagpur
- Infosys signs MoU with MADC, MIHAN, Nagpur; Final agreement pending
- Shreesh Vakil: Good technology need not be expensive, OfficeBox is just an example
- Mentoring session organised by NASSCOM, VED, VASE at Nagpur evokes good response
- Free Websites from Google for SMBs: Opportunity for Freelancers and College Students?
- Nagpur Software - Microsoft DreamSpark Yatra - we need more of such events.
- Shaheer Ahmed in ET India's Top App Millionaires
- Persistent Systems provides social media analytics for Satyamev Jayate
- Small towns produce fast-growing tech companies: Deloitte survey
- The Nagpur IT/Software Support System
- MADC deal with Infosys held up at last moment
- VNIT, Nagpur electronics engg dept develops supercomputer
- $100-bn roller-coaster: What lies ahead for IT services industry
- Nagpur - Software business leader: Mr. Arun Saxena, CEO, Easypack Software
- Dinesh Jain - Local businesses should opt for global mentors and advisors
|< Prev||Next >|