Mahindra Satyam (MSat), formerly Satyam computer services, is set to revive its plans for setting up a facility in Mihan (Multi-modal International Cargo Hub and Airport at Nagpur) SEZ at Nagpur.
The company had approached the Ministry of Commerce to extend the validity of the project for two more years, according to a senior official of MSat.
"We are planning to begin the project by constructing a compound wall. However there is long way to go," the official told PTI while refusing to provide further details about capacity and investments. According to the information furnished to the Commerce ministry, the company has finalised the contractor for construction of compound wall. An architect has also been appointed for working out a detailed plan for its campus.
The above information is a part of a press release published by Economic Times of India.
It looks like even if MSat plans to start operations at Nagpur, it will take another 5 years or more, for that to happen.
Please use the space below to share your views and engage in discussions with fellow growIT.in visitors
You may also like to read
- Mahindra Satyam to start IT unit in Mihan
- KSL may choose residential scheme over IT park due to change in FSI policy
- Rizwan Ahmed, delaPlex: Changing technology landscape is a big challenge
- Free Websites from Google for SMBs: Opportunity for Freelancers and College Students?
- Persistent Systems Launches PersisTrends 2013 Technology Trends and Recommendations
- Captive power plant at MIHAN finally active; SP Infocity sees brisk activity soon
- India is no longer the automatic choice for IT services and back-office work
- Rural Education through Virtual Classroom - A CSR Initiative by Watchwitz
- Top 10 Software Companies at Nagpur by total revenue for FY 2009-2010
- Accenture recruits 200 students in a single day from a college at Nagpur
- Zeon buy's Grand River; say's will add 700 to Nagpur unit in next 4 years
- NASSCOM to hold Mentoring Session on June 21 for SMEs at Nagpur
- Persistent Systems provides social media analytics for Satyamev Jayate
- Tax rules to be relaxed for IT sector, move to attract more business from MNCs
- Nagpur is one of the Top 10 Business Hot Spots of the country : Cushman & Wakefield
- Ebix @MIHAN - Need more software biggies to set up shop at Nagpur
- Survival Pillar # 5: Discovering revenue streams for your business
- Finally, TCS lays down foundation stone at MIHAN, Nagpur
- Infosys signs lease deed for 142 acres of land in MIHAN, Nagpur
- Union Finance Minister axes multiple tax on software made in India
|< Prev||Next >|