Outsourced software development services provider Persistent Systems has announced its association with Star India to provide social media analytics for Aamir Khan's pioneering television show Satyamev Jayate.
Satyamev Jayate aims to shed light on important social issues faced by India, with the aim of bringing about social awareness. Viewers are encouraged to share their opinions, personal experiences and suggestions in various ways -- including SMS, IVR and online media. This has created a large volume of data that needs to be analysed instantly and on a continuous basis, as reported.
This is the first time that viewer responses and sentiments are being tracked and analysed on such a large scale in India. After the end of each episode, the discussion around the show trends heavily on Twitter, occupying the top slots in India and even worldwide. Within the first nine weeks of the show, some 900 million impressions were made across web and social channels about Satyamev Jayate.
Anand Deshpande, chairman and MD of Persistent Systems, said: "We are very excited to be a strategic partner to the creative and unique initiative that is Satyamev Jayate. Persistent has been at the forefront of the Big Data revolution, working on key technologies, building platforms and creating solutions to help enterprises solve Big Data problems but by working with STAR and the Satyamev Jayate team we are leveraging our expertise to contribute towards a social cause."
Lalit Bhagia, VP digital for Star India, added: "We are very keen to understand and capture the chronology of change that is being affected through Satyamev Jayate. Hence we were looking for a partner who can not only mine the relevant data, but also analyse and present it in a meaningful way. Persistent Systems has managed to do this very well and the wealth of data and information makes for an interesting read for any student of social change."
You may also like to read
- Persistent Systems Launches PersisTrends 2013 Technology Trends and Recommendations
- Nasscom to incentivize location and Innovation to drive software industry growth in emerging locations
- Persistent-Infospectrum deal. Need more M&As to fuel Growth@Nagpur Software Industry
- Persistent - Eventful 2011 with mergers, acquisitions and awards
- Free Websites from Google for SMBs: Opportunity for Freelancers and College Students?
- Dinesh Jain - Local businesses should opt for global mentors and advisors
- Top 10 Software Companies at Nagpur by total revenue for FY 2009-2010
- NASSCOM to hold Mentoring Session on June 21 for SMEs at Nagpur
- All expenses paid trip to Israel for a Nagpur entrepreneur
- KSL may choose residential scheme over IT park due to change in FSI policy
- Happy client travels from US to Nagpur to express his appreciation
- $100-bn roller-coaster: What lies ahead for IT services industry
- Tax rules to be relaxed for IT sector, move to attract more business from MNCs
- McKinsey cites Nagpur as one of the global cities of the future!
- Dr. Ramesh Jain: Businesses should be closer to their customer base
- Accenture recruits 200 students in a single day from a college at Nagpur
- Infosys signs lease deed for 142 acres of land in MIHAN, Nagpur
- VASE, Persistent to host Digvijay Diwas
- India is no longer the automatic choice for IT services and back-office work
- Rajeev Shete on Shapoorji Pallonji Infocity at MIHAN in Nagpur
|< Prev||Next >|