Ebix acquired PTG, Nagpur, through acquisition of EZ DATA Inc, USA in October 2009.
EZ DATA and PTG(Premier Technology Group) were co-founded by Dilip Sontakey, who has origins from Nagpur.
They have their office in MIHAN, Nagpur city.
Ebix, Inc. is a leading international supplier of On-Demand software and E-commerce services to the insurance industry and ranked 4th by Fortune magazine in its list of fastest growing companies. Ebix is one of the first companies to move in MIHAN.
Dilip, an ex- VNITian (1977 batch) co-founded finance software company E-Z Data in 1986. He has been passionate about Nagpur and was in news in 2000 for funding a Rs. 20-crore Information Technology (IT) township at MIDC Butibori and his claim of bringing Nagpur on the international IT map.
Nagpur needs more IT /ITES companies like Ebix to set up their base at Nagpur as the city provides a low cost investment and high returns.
Now that it's about 15 months to this acquisition do you think it has helped change anything in the IT Software Landscape at Nagpur?
You may also like to read
- Accenture recruits 200 students in a single day from a college at Nagpur
- Nasscom to incentivize location and Innovation to drive software industry growth in emerging locations
- Persistent-Infospectrum deal. Need more M&As to fuel Growth@Nagpur Software Industry
- Maharashtra govt to set up IIIT near Nagpur
- Jaypar Inc. adds up to the list of software companies operating at MIHAN
- Dinesh Jain - Local businesses should opt for global mentors and advisors
- Top 10 Software Companies at Nagpur by total revenue for FY 2009-2010
- Ajay Sanghi, CEO, Edisphere Software: Build your business 'Virtual'
- All expenses paid trip to Israel for a Nagpur entrepreneur
- VED, NASSCOM to host IT/ITES Conference on Feb 24, 2012 at Nagpur
- D&B's 2010 toppers ITeS-BPO:5 companies with presence in Nagpur
- Shreesh Vakil: Good technology need not be expensive, OfficeBox is just an example
- VED to Organize meet with IT start-ups to support Office Space requirements
- Tax rules to be relaxed for IT sector, move to attract more business from MNCs
- India is no longer the automatic choice for IT services and back-office work
- Nagpur Software - Microsoft DreamSpark Yatra - we need more of such events.
- Zeon buy's Grand River; say's will add 700 to Nagpur unit in next 4 years
- Survival Pillar # 4: Build Long Lasting Customer Relationships
- Infospectrum - Scottish Factonomy Ltd. Deal - Nagpur brings in more business
- Nagpur - Software business leader: Mr. Arun Saxena, CEO, Easypack Software
|< Prev||Next >|