City-based WatchWitz Technologies Pvt Ltd has launched an innovative model of virtual classroom, as a CSR initiative.
This will bring about improvement in standard of higher education, extended to benefit the much hungry and deprived rural population.
WatchWitz was founded and is headed by Kunal Karnik
The company’s Virtual Classroom connects over 20 educational Institutions all over Maharashtra (50 by end of March 2011) and giving over 50,000 students an opportunity to learn from industry experts throughout the world. This initiative is called "Apropos Gumption".
The Virtual Classroom Network in association with Symbiosis Institute of Pune and VJTI of Mumbai is a combination of high caliber academic resources and without any regular curriculum.
The company has developed this model as a corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative to make virtual learning easily and affordably accessible to colleges of small cities.
You can connect with them at facebook , Linkedin group or visit them at http://www.l-earn.org.in/.
Don't we need more of such initiatives to bring about development and growth of the region and society?
You may also like to read
- Nasscom to incentivize location and Innovation to drive software industry growth in emerging locations
- Rajeev Shete on Shapoorji Pallonji Infocity at MIHAN in Nagpur
- Small towns produce fast-growing tech companies: Deloitte survey
- Survival of the Quickest: Reinvent, Innovate or Die
- Shreesh Vakil: Good technology need not be expensive, OfficeBox is just an example
- TCS and Rajtaru Infotech get one year extension from BoA to start unit in MIHAN-SEZ
- CSR initiative by city based Edisphere Software
- Nagpur is one of the Top 10 Business Hot Spots of the country : Cushman & Wakefield
- Finally, TCS lays down foundation stone at MIHAN, Nagpur
- Free Websites from Google for SMBs: Opportunity for Freelancers and College Students?
- SMS Group, a Nagpur based 1000+ Crore corporate giant, ventures into IT Infrastructure
- Accenture recruits 200 students in a single day from a college at Nagpur
- Zeon buy's Grand River; say's will add 700 to Nagpur unit in next 4 years
- Mentoring session organised by NASSCOM, VED, VASE at Nagpur evokes good response
- Mahindra Satyam to start IT unit in Mihan
- Ajay Sanghi, CEO, Edisphere Software: Build your business 'Virtual'
- McKinsey cites Nagpur as one of the global cities of the future!
- Dinesh Jain - Local businesses should opt for global mentors and advisors
- Mahindra Satyam may revive plans at Mihan
- HCL reluctant to sign the lease deed
|< Prev||Next >|